Vitamin A + carotenoids
Vitamin A with lutein, zeaxanthin, and astaxanthin to support cellular, ocular and immune function, with carotenoids for retinal and macular health.*
While many individuals are able to convert provitamin A carotenoids, like beta carotene, into active vitamin A, recent research has revealed that genetic variations can limit the ease of this conversion for some. Genetic variations in the enzyme BCMO1 (β-Carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase 1) can decrease the conversion efficacy of carotenoids into retinal by up to 69%. Known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), these common variations can be bypassed with dietary retinol (vitamin A).
Since variations in the BCMO1 gene have also been associated with macular pigment density, this formula includes a blend of lutein, zeaxanthin and astaxanthin to promote macular health. Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two carotenoids found in macular pigment; as such, they act to support the integrity and density of the pigment, as well as optical lens health. Astaxanthin offers support for antioxidant defenses to protect retinal health.*
• Supports cellular, ocular and immune health*
• Promotes optical lens health*
- As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule daily, with a meal.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Use only if safety seal is intact. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Vitamin A at levels above 3,000 mcg (10,000 IU) can lead to adverse side effects, including birth defects. If you are pregnant or lactating, have any health condition or are taking any medication, consult your health professional before use.
Disclaimer: “These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.”