Vitamin Code Raw B-12
Although the human body does store vitamin B12, it is the most common nutritional deficiency in the developing world and possibly in the U.S. (reports the August 2005 issue of the Harvard Health Letter) Essential to protect the body against anemia and support a healthy central nervous system*, vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin involved in the metabolism of every cell of the body.† Helping to support the body’s own production of energy through its role in the metabolism of food, vitamin B12 helps maintain healthy nerve cells and red blood cells and is also needed to make DNA, the genetic material in all cells.
Individuals who may benefit from Vitamin Code® RAW B-12 include:
- Strict Vegetarians - Vitamin B12 is found predominantly in animal and dairy products so this group may be especially prone to vitamin B12 deficiency which can potentially affect the brain and nervous system. At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as occasional constipation, significant decrease in energy, and poor memory may be experienced. At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as anemia, constipation, fatigue, depression, and poor memory may be experienced. Vitamin Code RAW B-12 is Vegetarian-friendly making it a great choice for those individuals.
- Elderly population
- Those with pernicious anemia, a form of megaloblastic anemia*
- Pregnant women
- Those with digestive problems, gastric bypass (may not be able to make enough vitamin B12)
Vitamin Code® RAW B-12 Nature-Intended Benefits:
- Anemia Support*
- Mental and Physical Energy†
- Central Nervous System Health†
- Optimal Digestion†
*A deficiency in B12 may result in megaloblastic or pernicious anemia. A 2000 study sponsored by the USDA found that B12 deficiency is becoming more prevalent in U.S. society.