Omega 3 Essential D3 -Seal Oil
Description: Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids are a family of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA’s)
• EPA - eicosapentaenoic acid
• DHA – docosahexanoic acid
• DPA – docosapentaenoic acid
The outer membrane of human cells acts as a gateway allowing raw materials in and processed materials out. This outer membrane requires a constant supply of PUFA’s to remain functional. Omega 3 is an essential part of this replenishment. A shortage of Omega 3 reduces the ability of cells to efficiently perform their function, leading to nutrient starvation and chronic illnesses.
Omega 3 is also converted into another class of chemical called eicosanoids, (a specific chemical/hormone group which are essential to regular healthy functioning), the most critical of which are prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are important for the regulation of inflammation, pain, swelling, blood pressure, heart function, gastrointestinal function and secretion, kidney function and fluid balance, blood clotting and platelet aggregation, allergic response, nerve transmission, steroid production and hormone synthesis. If the diet is inadequate, the Omega 3 prostaglandins produced are either lacking or unbalanced, leading to dysfunction of these vital bodily activities.
Each 2.5 ml serving contains:
- Seal oil (oil from the blubber of the harp seal)
- (EPA 187.5mg DHA 255mg)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) ….. 500 IU
- (Adult) Take ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) TWICE daily or as recommended by your health care practitioner.
- Take with or without food.
- Shake bottle 2-3 times before measuring especially if product is kept in the refrigerator.
- Hold under tongue for 60-90 seconds then swallow. (Note: can hold longer). If given to a child with special need, it is not necessary to hold under tongue.
- Take preferably before 5 pm or notice if it keeps you awake longer than usual.