IMD (Intestinal Cleanse)
Bind Those Metals with Heavy Metal Detox!
Quicksilver Scientific’s sophisticated detoxification supplement, IMD Intestinal Cleanse optimizes the natural removal of metals through the intestines. This proprietary compound supplements the natural action of glutathione in the intestines. IMD delivers insoluble thiol groups to bind and remove heavy metals accumulated in the intestines and to directly quench free radicals. IMD’s actions enhance Phase III Detoxification—the system of transporters leading out of the body.
- Binds mercury and other heavy metals in the intestines and escorts these harmful contaminants out of the body.
- Intercepts methylmercury and other metals trapped in enterohepatic circulation. Facilitates heavy metal detox, binding and removing intestinal heavy metals.
- Leads to lowering of blood mercury levels, allowing organ- and tissue-bound mercury safely to drain into the blood at a natural rate.
- Improves the body’s natural detoxification ability by quenching free radicals and stopping metal-catalyzed free radical reactions cause down-regulation of detox transporters (Phase III transporters—OATs, cMOAT, MRPs, etc).1
- Fortifies the link between the intestines and the immune system.
Active Chemistry of IMD
IMD (Intestinal Metals Detox) is a proprietary product that consists of highly purified silica with covalently attached thiolic metal-binding groups. Both the silica base and the binding agents are GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) for use in food. The specific chemistry of the compound has several benefits over other detoxification remedies, specifically heavy metal detox.
- The active binding groups out-compete other compounds for metals in the intestines.
- Because IMD Intestinal Cleanse does not enter the bloodstream, it will not lead to redistribution or surges of mobilized metals that can lead to potential kidney/liver overload. In fact, preliminary data suggest increased liver function in some patients, as measured by changes in bilirubin levels.
Eliminates Disruptions in Natural Body–Wide Detoxification
Intestinal disruption can inhibit elimination of toxins by causing a strong down-regulation of the body’s natural detoxification pathways.1 Ironically, exposure to certain toxins contributes to intestinal disruption. For example, the corrosion of amalgam mercury results in mercuric mercury (HgII, also called inorganic mercury) release. When swallowed with saliva, HgII can cause intestinal disruption and initiate this negative feedback.2 In addition, it has been demonstrated that a build-up of metals alone slows the transport proteins.3 The data suggest that continuous removal of metals from the intestines is essential for the proper daily functioning of natural detoxification processes. The continuous removal of metals is also critical for a successful practitioner-directed detoxification program.
Contents: 6 grams or 9 grams
Serving size: 1 scoop = 100 mg
Serving per container: 60 or 90
Ingredients: Proprietary thiol-functionalized silica 100mg per scoop. Ingredients are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) food additives.
- 1 scoop mixed in water or juice daily on an empty stomach, take 5 days on and 2 days off in a rotation. Can be taken first thing in the morning or right before bed. Take away from minerals, Glutathione, and ClearWay Cofactors:
- For a long-term cleans take 5 days on, 2 days off in a rotation.
- For acute problems, take continuously until symptoms subside. Mix one scoop of IMD in water or juice, and drink quickly to avoid the settling of particles.
- For advanced use take 1 scoop, 2-3 times daily. For sensitive patients, start with half a scoop per day, and work up to the full dosage.
- Children 12 and under: 1/2 scoop, or as tolerated.
For best result, consult your healthcare practitioner who is familiar with Quicksilver Scientific Mercury Detox protocol for safe mercury removal.
Disclaimer: “These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.”