L-Carnitine from Ortho Molecular has been shown to stimulate the use of fat for fuel and boost metabolism, making it essential to energy generation in the body.
L-carnitine is an amino acid essential for the transport of fatty acids into the cell mitochondria, ensuring the metabolism fat breakdown and the generation of energy.
L- Carnitine is an important amino acid for supporting heart and skeletal muscle function*
- Improves Cellular Energy Production
- Stimulates Fat Utilization and Boosts Metabolism
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health
- Supports Post-Training Muscle Recovery
- Helps convert fat to energy*
- Helps improve performance during aerobic exercise*
- Supports optimal skeletal and cardiac muscle function*
- Supports healthy levels of cholesterol and triglycerides*
- Promotes healthy sperm count and sperm motility*
The amino acid L-carnitine is a cofactor required for the metabolism of fats and their subsequent transport into the mitochondria, where they undergo oxidation and produce energy.*
Individuals prone to being deficient in L-carnitine, and for those whom supplementation would be advisable, include individuals on dialysis and individuals who are HIV-positive.* Supplementation with L-carnitine appears to be of benefit in supporting general well-being, appetite control, cardiovascular health, carbohydrate metabolism, reproductive health, and muscle health.*
L-carnitine has also been shown to benefit athletic performance.* For example, studies have shown improvements in running speed, increased maximal oxygen uptake, and decreases in average oxygen consumption, heart rate, and lactic acid.* Studies on high-repetition exercise observed improved muscle recovery after L-carnitine supplementation.*
L-carnitine is probably best known for its cardiac benefits.* In the heart muscle, L-carnitine facilitates fatty acid use, and promotes rhythm, myocardial blood flow, and cardiac output.*
Carnitine also helps maintain normal blood lipid levels.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule daily or as directed by your health professional
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Do not use when pregnant or nursing.
- Do no use without consulting your health care professional or if you have any existing medical condition.
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Disclaimer: “These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.”